Translate

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Liebster Award


Woo hoo! I can't believe how many people nominated me for a Liebster Award! (Sorry, there may be an overload of exclamation marks in this post!) Thanks Katelynn, Liz, Jessica, and Liz for nominating me.  If you don't know what a Liebster Award is, here's the lowdown. 
  • You have to state 11 random facts about yourself
  • You have to answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
  • You have to tag 11 new blogs that have less than 200 followers and ask 11 questions of your own.  No tag backs!
So with 4 nominations this is going to be reeeaaally long!  If you just want to check out some cool blogs, scroll down to the bottom and ignore all my ramblings.
My 11 random facts:

  1. I'm sitting in the dental surgeon's office as I am composing this post ;( and I now can't see what I am typing because my app doesn't scroll down as I text. Stupid app!
  2. I am a lazy perfectionist. Little mistakes and sloppy cuticles drive me crazy, but I am usually too lazy to fix it.
  3. I have a love/hate relationship with the macro setting on my camera. I love how good my pictures look. I hate how it shows every little goof-up.
  4. It's not just my nails! I have an obsession with makeup and skin care too. Before I got into nails I considered a beauty blog but didn't think I could find enough to post about.
  5. I am self concious about my looks so you will probably never see my picture here  (another reason I never started a beauty blog:)
  6. I asked my husband to marry me :)  Guess that is just one more indication of how impatient I am.  Of course we had known each other for 5 years and together for 3 of those years.
  7. I am the proud mother of a 15 yr old boy who has been waiting two weeks to get his drivers learning permit because we can't find a certified copy of his birth certificate and had to send for a new one. Poor boy!
  8. I am the proud mother of a 17 yr old daughter with cognitive disabilities. She is the sweetest girl and I thank God every day that I don't have to deal with a typical 17 yr old girls problems. She is obsessed with twitter and the Jonas Brothers. I guess obsessive personalities run in the family.
  9. I consider myself to be an artist at heart with a crafters skills.
  10. I am addicted to Mt Dew.
  11. I am not interesting enough for an 11th random fact ;)

Katelynn's Questions
  1. How many untried polishes do you have?  OMG, since my obsession is only a few months old and I have purchased...gosh, I don't know how many polishes...I would say about 75% of my polishes are untried.  I hope to reduce that amount greatly very soon!
  2. What is your favorite Christmas song?  If I HAD to pick one, it would be What Child Is This.
  3. What is your favorite Indie polish?  I only own 4 indies, three of them from Different Dimension.  Of what I own, my favorite is Different Dimension Light it Up Blue.  Look for a post about it soon.
  4. How did your love for polish start?  I purchased a Konad stamping kit at the Minnesota State Fair in August of this year.  It all started there.
  5. How often do you do challenges?  This is my first challenge!  I hope to do many more.
  6. Have you ever made your own polish?  Nope.  Too many polishes in my own stash to mess with making my own.  Maybe sometime in the future.
  7. What will be your New Years Resolution?  To do my taxes in February instead of April.
  8. Favorite form of nail art?  Stamping!  You can be creative without being talented (tee hee)
  9. Favorite song?  This is an unanswerable question.  My taste in music is wide and varied from bluegrass to metal.  How could I choose?
  10. Where do you buy your polish?  Anywhere they are on sale!
  11. Did you check out my blog and follow it??  Of course!
 Liz's (from Makeup & Polish Obsessed Girl) questions
  1. Favorite Nail polish?  Right now my favorite is Different Dimension Selene because of all the snow related mani's.  Check Day One of 12 Days for more info on this awesome polish.
  2.  Where did you grow up?  Minneapolis, Minnesota
  3.  Favorite Movie?  The Matrix
  4.  Person that has inspired you most?  Life wise, my mother.  Her creativity and generosity have always been something I have striven for.  Nail wise, Sammy from The Nailasaurus.  Her combination of classic nail art and stamping methods inspire me with every post!
  5.  Favorite Indie polish?  Did I answer this already in question 1?  I would like to say Cult Nails, but can it be a favorite if you don't even own one?
  6.  If you could be anyone else for 1 day, who would it be?  My 15 year old son.  I would like to see his life through his eyes, his friends, his classes, the girls he likes (tee hee).  Just the chance to understand him a bit better.
  7.  What made you start your blog?  I do my daughter's nails all the time and the girls at work kept asking that I bring in pictures of them, so I created this blog instead.  Her nails pop up often.
  8.  Favorite makeup line and/or product?  Oh, let's see...Bare Minerals is my favorite eye makeup.  My favorite skincare is Peter Roth's "Dragon Blood" line.
  9.  Dream vacation spot???  Place that I have already been would be Camp DuNord, a family YMCA camp north of Ely in Minnesota, but I have always wanted to go to Australia.
  10.  Manicure you haven't tried yet, but want to?  I really want to get myself some stripping tape and play with that.  Don't ask me why I haven't yet.
  11.  Did you check out my blog and follow it....teehee ;)  Of course!  You're an expert with those stripping brushes! 
Jessica's questions

  1. What is your absolute favorite and least favorite thing about blogging?  My favorite thing is having the ability to look at past mani's and learn from my mistakes.  Least favorite is having less time to haunt other nail blogs.
  2. What is your favorite book? The Hound and the Falcon by Jessica Farr
  3. Which do you prefer stamping, freehand, or wraps?  Stamping!
  4. What is your middle name?  Renee
  5. If you could have any pet in the world what would be?  The cute little Chihuahua mix I fell in love with at our local pet store.
  6. If you could be a part of any movie what would it be?  Any movie where I could kiss Gerard Butler.
  7. If you could live anywhere, where would it be (think not leaving family or friends behind)?  Australia.
  8. What genre(s) of music do you listen to?  Everything except polka and country (sorry all you country fans!)
  9. What is your favorite store to shop at?  General shopping would be Target.  Polish shopping would be Walgreens.
  10. Text or phone call?  Phone call!  Don't you dare text me!
  11. Foil Method, Glue Method or Yellow Stopper for glitter polish removal?  I've only used foil because I always forget to use glue before I put on my base.  And what is Yellow Stopper?
 Liz's (from Not Too Polished) Questions

  1.  Where do you blog from (bedroom, office, kitchen), and why that spot? I blog from my couch in the basement.  It is the most comfortable place in the house and I can be with the hubby while he watches TV.
  2. What was "THE" polish, the one that kicked off your obsession?  Not polish.  It was a Konad stamping kit.  Only had 2 nail polishes in my house before Konad so I had to get some to stamp on....and it never stopped.  Was Konad a curse or a blessing?  Guess it depends on if you ask the hubby or the daughter :)
  3. Describe your all time favorite meal?  Sushi.  A nice big chef's choice platter with some rolls on the side.
  4. There are so many holidays this month- what do you celebrate, and how?  Christmas.  My immediate family gets together on Christmas Eve and fondues.  We have done this since I was little.  When I was a teenager we used to do it on the floor in front of the fireplace, but that was when it was only the four of us.  Such fond memories.  Didn't (and still doesn't) matter what we did on Christmas day, as long as we fondue together Christmas Eve!
  5. Tell me about your pets? Or what you would like to have, if you don't have any?  I have 2 dogs, an elderly American Eskimo named Buddy who was a stray we took in many years ago and a cute and energetic Papillon named Kipper and a female canary named KiKi, who was also a stray and several fish.  The funny thing is that the only pet we have ever paid for was the fish, and even then our 30 gallon tank was given to us.  
  6. Favorite type of polish?  Type or brand?  I love matte/suede polishes.  I was a little late with my polish obsession and missed out on the big matte craze by the main brands but I think I saw a couple suede finishes in an upcoming OPI collection so I am holding my breath.  My favorite brand would have to be London Butter.  Their polishes apply sooo gorgeously!
  7. What one brand polish do you own the most of? How many?  I have avoided counting my polishes so far and I'm not going to start now, even if it only one brand.  I am in big time denial about how many polishes I have accumulated in only 3 months!  I would guess I have the most of Wet & Wild and all their offshoots, just because they are cheap I can't resist picking up one or two every time I go to CVS.  I'm waiting for the day that I'm at the store and think "Wow, there's not a single polish here that I want that I don't already own"  Tee hee.
  8. Are you an early bird or a night owl?  Night owl!  Hence the blog name.  11:00 pm is an early bedtime for me.
  9. What is your biggest polish "lemming"- or as I prefer to call it, your biggest polish crush?  Oh, I like polish crush better than lemming!   I would have to say Cult Nails Flushed.  I know, I know, I could go online right now and buy this polish, but I can count on one hand the number of polishes I have paid full price for and I have yet to see these on sale.  Maybe after Christmas I will splurge.
  10. Do you have IRL friends that share your polish addiction?  Nope, I am a lonely polishaholic, although all my friends love to see what I do and I have done several of their nails.  Who needs a polish stash when your friend is willing to share hers?
  11. Share a photo of your favorite mani ever!  The picture is horrible and was taken after too many days of wear...I think it was only the 3rd or 4th manicure I had done and had already been on my nails for at least 4 days...but these were the ones that lit up my heart every time I looked at them.

 

Here is what I want to know.

1. What is the most you have spent on a polish haul?
2. What is your favorite brand of polish?
3. What color do you have the most of in your stash?
4. What is your favorite food?
5. Beer or wine?
6. Do you have any special holiday traditions?
7. What is your official profession?
8. When did you start your blog?
9. What made you decide to blog?
10. How many blogs do you read EVERY day?
11. What is your first name (if it isn't in the name of your blog)?

And these are my nominations

  1. My Wet Nails 
  2. Susy In Color
  3. Have you met Miss Jones 
  4. Raggio di Luna Nails 
  5. Lippy Lucie 
  6. AbbieNail 
  7. Polish Smoothie 
  8. Chameleon Stampede Nail Blog
  9. Hysteria Of Decay 
  10. Tuxarina
  11. Nail To The Chief 
Thanks ladies for the nomination! I love all of you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you weren't kidding a good long post. And to answer your question Yellow Stopper (http://www.sallybeauty.com/Top-Coat/SBS-507100,default,pd.html) is supposed to "forms a glaze to make your polish chip-proof for a ultra high-gloss shine and prevent yellowing." BUT when I use glitter polish I use it as a base coat and apply the glitter after that and in about a day or two it peels off on it's own. I get bored with my polish fast so I am good with that! bahahahaha on 6) <3 Gerard Butler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Took me 3 days to complete! My polish never lasts more than 2 or 3 days so maybe Yellow Stopper is the thing for me. Mmmmm Gerard!

      Delete