Translate

Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 11 Crumpets 31 DC - Splatter


I am so much happier with this days mani than yesterday, although it was almost as complicated.  Once again, I used my lovely daughter as a nail model.  I was inspired by Gwenn at Sweet Sugar HEREHer mani was done using a refillable sample perfume bottle and some polish thinner.  I don't have any polish thinner, but I figured I would give it a go anyways.  It worked with the lighter cream polish as long as I only had a few drops in the bottle, so I had to keep opening it up and adding more polish.  Then I tried with the dark, which had small glitter in it, and it totally clogged it up, so I tried the straw method, but I only had a large (think huge) plastic straw that fits in a thermos, so it just wasn't working.  Finally I took an old toothbrush and used it to splatter/sponge the polish on.  Despite all the time and fussiness, I really liked how it turned out.


Here's the colors I used.
  • Two coats of A England Guineveve (my hubby was sitting at my polish desk with so many pretty colors around him and this is the only one he picked up and said "I really like this", so that's the one I chose for this mani)
  • Revlon Provence (light purple)
  • Pomegranate Enchanted Lagoon (dark purple).  This is one of those polishes that I don't think the name matches the color.  This is a new brand for me and I can't wait to swatch it for you!  This purple is my new favorite purple and I will get it up for you ASAP.
 

When we were done, Bria kept looking at her fingers.  Finally she said, "Can I eat my fingers, Mom?  They look like jelly beans."  Isn't she funny and obviously she liked them.  What do you think?  Check out all the other splatters.


6 comments:

  1. These look wondeful! I completely forgot about the spray bottle trick that I had read about--that sounds so much easier than a straw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it looks better than the straw too. Just make sure to add a few drops of thinner!

      Delete
  2. Dang it! I wish I would have remembered this method. I have such a hard time using straws because the colors always end up in a huge blob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got some blogs too when I used the straw. Next time I might use one of those coffee stirrer straws.

      Delete
  3. I love the result and the colors you used ! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete