Translate

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3 of Crumpets 31 DC - Gold

I never really like it when a post has tons of pictures of the same mani, but be forewarned that this post is going to be pic heavy!  I love this mani and therefore took a lot of pics.  Here comes the first!

Mmmmm, so pretty!  The theme today was gold and I knew I wanted to stamp with gold.  Of course I didn't look ahead to realize that tomorrows theme is pink, but that just gives me an excuse to bust out another of my many untried pinks.  Let me show you the pink base I used for this

This is China Glaze Strawberry Fields.  Click on a pic to see it in all of it's glorious pinky glittery gold goodness!  This was one of those Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy purchases.  I have a coffee mug/tumbler that I use at work every day and had been looking for a polish to match it since the moment I bought it.  Something bright pink that didn't lean to blue or coral tones with a subtle gold glitter in the "background".  I found blue shimmers, silver glitters, even glass flakies, but no gold glitter to be found.  I was beginning to think I was going to have to franken my own when I found Strawberry Fields at my local Sally's Beauty.  Yeah Sally!  Oh be still my beating heart.  Want to see how well it matches my coffee cup?  There will be a pic at the end. 

This is one coat of glorious pink.  I could have done two coats, but I knew that most of it would be covered with stamping.  It went on smoothly with full coverage.  Forgive the bubbling on my middle finger.  I have an Orly patch on that nail and seems to be messing with my base coats.  I have filed it smooth, cleaned with polish remover and soap, everything I could think of, but it keeps bubbling most of the polishes I have used the last week or so.  Who cares with this color (although knowing that it will be stamped over helps my A type personality quiet down).

With Flash
 I stamped with Konad Special Black and Bundle Monster BM-320.  Then I stamped again with the same image and China Glaze Gold Fusion.  This is a magnetic polish, but is quickly becoming my go to gold stamping polish.  I have other golds that are more opaque, but they are more brassy gold than yellow gold.

Without Flash
IRL this looks kinda like a water marble.  My coworker said it looked like it should be on a gallery wall.  Awww, isn't she sweet!  Because I started stamping on my left hand (what was I thinking!?) my right had actually looked better for once despite the poor little nubins.  Here is a couple of pics of my right hand with my beloved coffee mug.



 
          

















 Isn't the finish on that mug amazballs?  Now go check all the other gold adornments!



6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I thought this was water marble at first! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm...tempting to try with more than just two colors. Maybe another day (tee hee)

      Delete
  2. Wow!! I also thought this was water marble!! And I wanted to comment how pretty it was, and I'm still going to do that, because it IS pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't my intention....but since I am so bad at real water marbles, maybe I can use it again for the water marble day. No, practice makes perfect (or near enough) so since I have only tried a real water marble once, I guess I will give it another try.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, Strawberry Fields is gorgeous. I think I need to pick that one up. What a great way to stamp with this plate.

    ReplyDelete