Translate

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 31 of Crumpets 31 DC - Recreation


I have mixed feelings about this, the final day, of the challenge.  Woo hoo, it's the last day!  Boo hoo, it's the last day!  Once again I have learned so much and pushed my creative envelope.  It will be awhile before I do a 31 day challenge again, although I have some more relaxed challenges coming for February.

The last day is to recreate someone else's mani from the challenge.  I chose Cazzy's acid wash mani found HERE.  I have seen a lot of acid wash manis on my many web travels, but Cazzy's was the first that I actually really, really liked.  Her's was the one that made me want to try the technique.  Her's, of course, is better than mine, but I still am happy with how this turned out.


I was going for a wood grain look, so I layered 4 different shades of brown/tan. 
  • Two coats of Revlon Bare Bones
  • Finger Paints It's Baroque
  • Nina Beige A View
  • Orly Chocoholic
I used one coat of topcoat between each layer, then removed spots with acetone and a small paintbrush.



I think I was a little hesitant with the acetone.  I could have been more aggressive.  Oh well, it was, as always, a learning experience.


Now go see all the other recreations.

8 comments:

  1. I like these better than my own! I'm loving the wood look when I saw mine finished I wished I had used just 'woody' colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you might like to know that I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! http://specialgirlnails.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/yay-i-won-liebster-award-or-3-lol.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cazzy! I'll let you know when I post.

      Delete
  3. It looks sort of alien, in a great way.

    ReplyDelete