Translate

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 1 of Februarys Love-ly NAC - Hearts

Welcome to another challenge!  This is The Manicure Hut's February's Love-ly Nail Art Challenge.  I am so happy to be involved in this because it is not every day and only lasts a month.  And it is valentine themed!  What could be better?

First day is hearts, so this is what I came up with.


I really liked how this turned out, although I don't think that the colors are very complementary to my skin.  But when have I ever let that matter (tee hee)!


I started with two coats of Ulta Cream of the Crop.  I love this color, even if it is not flattering to my skin tone.  I seriously looks like butter....SERIOUSLY.  I had to go compare and placed my nails next to the butter in the kitchen....yep....exactly the same color.  I love the softness of this yellow.  I doesn't scream "Look at me!  I'm YELLOW".  It whispers "Hello, I'm not white, a bit more than cream, just a little bit on the yellow side."  Gorgeous!

On top of that I stamped with Konad Special Black and my new LeaLac XL B stamping plate.  This came just this last week from Llarowe and I have a serious crush on it.  You can find it HERE.

The images on this plate are HUGE!  If you have large nail beds, this is the plate for you.  The pattern I chose looks like wallpaper pattern.  You cant see it very well in the plate pic (sorry) but the center of where I added hearts has this really nice scrolly detail that you can just glimpse on my index (top heart) and ring (bottom heart) fingers.  And yes, I am aware that I didn't stamp straight.  Still working on that.  This pattern is very pretty on its own, but I wanted hearts, and they kind of looked like hearts, so I added hearts with a dotting tool and Pomegranate Autumnesque.  Hmmm....Autumnesque really deserves it's own mani.  It is such a lovely reddish copper color.  Note to self, use Autumnesque as a base....SOON!


Bria said this looks like wallpaper....and she's right....but I really liked it.  The colors, the design, it all just looks sweet and tender, just what I was looking for.  Now go check out all the other hearts.
 



10 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I love these!! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! It definitely has a vintage wallpaper feel but its lovely. I also love the fact that you modified the stamp and added hearts to it to make it work together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! I wouldn't say the yellow doesn't go with your skin tone at all, besides I always thought nails were exempt from skin tone issues. Isn't that in a rule book somewhere. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my feeling too! I wore Cream of the Crop without the stamping to work (as I often do, paint in the morning, art at night) and actually got a few compliments on it. I think it is just so different, it calls for comments :)

      Delete
  4. Cute mani Tina!! I think Cream of the Crop goes with your skin tone pretty well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky! I think I am just so used to dark colors that wearing pastel "feels" weird.

      Delete
  5. These are so pretty! And a lovely shade of yellow! I know what you mean about colours that don't suit though...half of me thinks 'so what?!' but then I look down at my nails and it just looks wrong! Or maybe you're right and it's a case of not wearing them often enough!

    This is the 2nd time I've seen this plate, and I NEED it! Even thought I have short nails beds, they must be big because I can never get the stamp to go all the way across. I might have to order both on Friday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cazzy - I can't recommend this plate enough, especially for people with large nail beds! I mean, seriously, Google it and you will see what I mean. They are HUGE! Plus they are gorgeous! Well worth every penny! You should have seen the nailgasm I had when I got this in the mail. Got a few funny looks from my family as I gazed at....and then hugged...this plate, murmuring "I love this so much" (tee hee)

      Delete