Translate

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Black and White Fashion Inspired Gradient Nail Art

I know that June is over, but I just had to share one more black and white fashion inspired mani for The Nail Challenge Collaborative.


My inspiration is this gorgeous Georges Chakra gown.


Isn't it gorgeous?


I started with two coats of Cult Nails Tempest then added a gradient of Liquid Lacquer Toasted Marshmallow and Ellagee Obsidian Glass.  Toasted Marshmallow is a gray jellie and Obsidian Glass is a black jellie.  I have to admit, I love using jellies for gradients, they are much more subtle.



Next I stamped with BM-023, Konad Special White, Julep Daria and Finger Paints Black Expressionism.


I striped each color horizontally across the image from top to bottom and swiped down the image to create a "stamping gradient".


What do you think?  Good interpretation?

The stone really says it all!  I wish the colors where cooler, like in the dress, but I still love it!  I really enjoyed this challenge.  I hope you did too.  July's theme is to recreate your first four manis.  This one will be fun too!  Thanks for looking and commenting!

Tina




2 comments:

  1. Great inspiration! You really captured the bottom of the dress perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is seriously stunning!!

    ReplyDelete