Translate

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My Neon Wall Has A Crack In It!

There is neon all over everywhere this season!  OPI, China Glaze, Essie, Color Club.  The list seems endless.  It seems, therefore, very appropriate for The Never Ending Pile Challenge to have a neon prompt.


This mani is eye shocking IRL.  Camera shocking too!  Imagine this about 10 times brighter and you may have a slight idea how bright it really is.

 



















 Stamping decals....that is how I achieved this look.  I started by stamping LLC-B and Finger Paints Black Expressionism onto my trusty silicone baking sheet.  I the filled the squares/rectangles with the following colors:
  • Coral - China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy
  • Green - China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard
  • Pink - China Glaze Life's a Beach
  • Blue - China Glaze Splish Splash
  • Purple - Pop Art Purple

 Yes, this was a bit tedious and did take me quite awhile longer than most of my manicures, but I think it was totally worth it!


 After trimming the decals, I added two layers of Cult Nails Tempest and one of top coat.  While the top coat was still wet, I pressed the decals to the nail.  You can see, on my ring and pinkie, that I put a little too much pressure on the decal and split it.  Looks like my wall is crumbling (tee hee).



Thank goodness that, after all that work, I ended up really enjoying this!  It would have been pitiful if I didn't!




Even in the mega micro pics, I am still happy with it!  Being the obsessive that I am, that doesn't happen very often.

As always, thanks for looking and commenting!





4 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I love how colorful it is too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes! I have got to start playing with decals & neons again...& gitd. I miss doing 'me' nails. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing amount of work coloring in all those little boxes! But the result is amazing!

    ReplyDelete