Translate

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Cult Classic Nail Art

I wasn't expecting to participate much in the Llama Nails Inspired by books/movies challenge.  Didn't think I could come up with much.  However, I am really enjoying the challenge it is providing.  Today's prompt is "cult".  Can you guess which movie inspired this?


I suppose the thumb gives it away?  It is inspired by Donnie Darko.

Source




Donnie Darko is a cult classic!  Some consider it a horror flick, but I don't consider it so.  Time travel and a talking bunny?  More sci-fi in my book.  Let's work through it, shall we?


My index represents the "chest circles".  Not enough space here to explain it...Finger Paints Black Expressionism and Cult Nails Tempest.


Middle represents the chandelier that hangs in the Darko's stairwell.  I tried to find an image...no luck.  Finger Paints Black Expressionism, Bundle Monster BM-008 and Konad Special White.


Ring is the time until the world ends.  Dandy Nails Bound to Fall and Black Expressionism.

Source

Yep, the world is going to end.  At least Donnie's.  Oops, spoilers!


Pinkie is Donnie's Halloween costume.  Black Expressionism, Bundle Monster BM-413 and Konad Special White.


And the thumb is Frank the bunny, Donnie's imaginary friend.  I would tell you more about him, but I don't want to ruin it for you and if you have seen it, no explanation needed!  Dandy Nails Bound to Fall, Black Expressionsim, NOPI Yoga Then Yogurt and China Glaze Stone Cold.


So many things to love about this movie...and this mani.  Don't forget to check out the other cult inspired nail art!  Thanks for looking and commenting!






9 comments:

  1. Eekk these nails are so scary! They definitely have a creep factor to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, creep factor is right! Sometimes scary is fun though, right?

      Delete
  2. Love! You definitely nailed the creepyness that is Frank the Bunny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I always see my shortcomings, so I see all the ways I could have done it better, but I am still proud of dear Frank!

      Delete
  3. Super gorgeous <3 I can't help loving it, Donnie Darko is my favourite movie ever. I could spend my days discussing theories *___*
    Your chest circle is mesmerizing <3 and the rabbit is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yep, I love it too. Every time I watch it I seem to see something new! What else can you ask for in a movie?

      Delete
  4. this is great, you did awesome job with this manicure, love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great and Cute nail art designs. Love the different designs here especially the one on the middle nail.

    ReplyDelete