Translate

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Buffalo Bill Nail Art

Life is getting in the way of nails around here :(  I had my water marble (you can see it HERE) for several days and finally forced myself to change it.  As I sat at my desk with a list of the prompts I had not completed yet for the #31DC2014, I spied a nail decal left over from THIS nail art.  It was done months ago but must have been hiding out under a polish bottle or something :)  As soon as I saw it, I knew I was going to do the book and movie prompt together, plus the skittles prompt for Blogger Braggers.


Yup, Silence of the Lambs was a book before it was a movie.  I have seen manis inspired by this movie before, but I wanted to concentrate on Buffalo Bill instead of Hannibal Lecter.


I started with two coats of LynBDesigns Battle Dress, a shimmery nude polish.  This is an older swatch pic, which is why my nails are shorter.  I need to go back to this length :).


The well is on my index finger, which of course had to include the bloody scratches and finger nail.  I sponged with Julep Daria (a dark grey) and Nails Inc Old Compton Street (a light grey texture) then stamped with LLC-B.  Scratches are Orly Naughty.





The middle finger is a decal using MoYou 67.  I double stamped the ring finger with Messy Mansion MM36, Mentality Prim and Mentality Foxy.  "It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose again".





The pinkie was splattered with Orly Naughty, what I think is the perfect blood polish.  I did not clean up the cuticles on purpose for a more gory effect.


Finally I free handed Buffalo Bills hand tattoo on my thumb.  Did you know that the three tattoos he has are tattoos from three notorious serial killers, at least that is what I read somewhere during my research and you know everything on the internet is real :)


That's it kiddies.  I have the mood stone, not particularly because I love the nail art, but because I love my interpretation of the movie onto my nails.  Kinda like my Donnie Darko manicure you can find HERE

As always, thanks for looking and commenting!

2 comments:

  1. I like all the different designs on the nails here especially that ring nail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Your kind words always encourage me!

      Delete